In 2002 Mincon started development of a range of steerable tools for Hardrock drilling in the Horizontal Directional Drilling Industry. The tools are specifically designed for use in medium to hard rock drilling conditions where conventional directional drilling systems offer very little to the contactor when Hardrock is encountered.
The Mincon Hardrock range offers the most complete line of steerable hammer systems on the market.
HDD70 – 7 ½” Pilot Bore
Mincon Hardrock Hammer Systems utilize “High Frequency Cycle” technology. Mincon Hardrock is the only manufacturer of Steerable Hammers that incorporate this feature. The advantages to this are as follows.
- High Frequency design aids in faster removal of drill cuttings from the bit face while providing the smallest possible chip size. This aids in keeping the borehole cleaner and reduces the possibility of getting the tool stuck.
- High Frequency design improves the steering capabilities of the tool. In head to heads tests against other competitor manufacturers the Mincon Hardrock systems out steered them in dirt, cobble and solid rock.
- High Frequency design provides less vibration to the drill string. This ensures less wear and tear to the rig and locating sonde.
- Set up to utilize any of the available locating sondes on the market the Mincon Hardrock Systems can be adapted to your existing locating equipment.
- With the Mincon Hardrock Support Pack and hosing any conventional HDD machine can be converted for rock drilling.
Mincon Hardrock Hammers are the most extensively tested steerable hammer systems on the market today. With over 9 years of Hardrock drilling the Hardrock Mincon Hammers have proven themselves to be the most dependable productive air hammer systems operating today.
Mincon offers the revolutionary Pull Reamer system. Once the pilot hole has been drilled, the pilot hammer and sonde is removed and the pull reamer is attached to the drill string. The pull reamer is then drawn back towards the drill machine and the pilot hole is hammer reamed out to a current maximum of 14” (356mm). This innovative reaming method is the fastest way to ream a rock bore and is vastly superior to conventional methods in all rock conditions.
For More information please contact Mincon, Inc. – +1 (540) 344 9939.