Spiral Flush design results in no pressure to the ground, no air leakages, and no over drilling!
Spiral Flush Design
- Flushing channels are crosswise to the drilling direction
- Back flush creates vacuum to the pilot bit face area
- Air channels are above the ring bit cutting edge
Conventional DTH Drilling
Conventional DTH drilling has two problem areas:
- Pressurised air over drills material. Over drilling removes more material than anticipated changing ground’s original characteristics hazarding nearby structures.
- Air that is blown forward travels long distances in loose ground or soft clay. This can cause severe damages in nearby buildings and structures.
As a result, the use of conventional DTH drilling is limited already in several city centers, shorelines and other sensitive areas around the world.